Monday, October 27, 2008

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

A recap of my predictions.


PUMPS:

Clinton Portis managed to have an awesome day, but sadly there were no touchdowns to really put the icing on the cake. He really is running wild though so keep him in your lineups every week.

Steve Slaton turned in another fine day and added a TD as expected.

Josh Morgan threw up a goose egg and totally screwed me after I put my faith in him (or maybe I was putting my faith in the previously terrible seahawks secondary......). Wait and see if a QB change is made in SF after their bye. If Hill comes then you have to reevaluate Morgans value.

Greg Camarillo came up with 5 receptions but was short on the yardage this week. He is still a favorite target of Pennington and makes a nice weekly flex play in PPR leagues if you are short at the position. Im counting this as a miss.

DUMPS:

Peyton Manning: Manning was just a bit offbeat all day. His numbers came out pretty damn close to where I expected them to. I expected 220 yards....he got 223. I think his extra TD is pretty much cancelled out by his second INT.

Brandon Jacobs turned in a worse day than even I expected. He rushed 18 times for 47 yards (2.6 YPC for those counting) and added 1 reception for 6 yards. Thats a pretty terrible fantasy day in any scoring system.

Terrell Owens led his team in receiving yards with.........33. Owens totally shattered my 25 predicted yard ceiling - damn you Owens! :-P

Darren Mcfadden was a late scratch and didn't play - so I'm counting it as a win.


SEASON TOTALS:

PUMPS: 6-3 (66% wins)
DUMPS: 7-2 (78% wins)

Keep coming back for more solid game decisions! Don't forget you can always email me if you have questions you would like answered.

No comments: